A generic talk on the OpenMW project.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 22:21
- Location: Wroclaw, Poland
- Github profile: https://github.com/lgromanowski
I was just wondering do you have an irc channel for OpenMW? Because it would be easier to discuss about development questions and OpenMW in general overthere.
I think it's a great idea.
I think we used to have one and no one was in it.
IMHO this forum is far more better than IRC channel to discuss OpenMW implementation choices :
- it gives some times for anybody to look at the code, i.e. it is not real time and some time is needed to understand things and to explain ideas, to make choices that could have important architecture consequences.
- suggestions and ideas stay visible for any newcomer long after they've been writ en, it is like a book, any new volunteer can read and get the whole history of the project, so that he/she won't ask questions that have been answered before.
- you don't have to be connected at the same time, there are European, American people and maybe from Asia, it is not possible to connect everybody at the same time due to time shift (maybe a google map to see contributors location could be fun on the wiki).
- this project is growing, the number of contributors is growing, to keep this direction we should avoid moves in a direction that doesn't keep transparency and newcomers integration easiness. IRC is cool, but not efficient for the above reasons.
Sorry for my english, it is not my mother tongue
IRC has long since been relegated to piracy, mass press events, producing funny quotes, and idling forever. It's going to take a lot to convince me that me setting up IRC will be something that helps me do more.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest