Forum: Forums, and forums!

A generic talk on the OpenMW project.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Forum: Forums, and forums!

Post by lgromanowski »

Lordrea wrote: Just looking for ideas on what categories everyone is thinking would be best for organizing the discussions. I've currently separated it to:
General
General Discussion
Feature Requests and Suggestions

And

Support
General Support
OS-specific Support

Which, I believe should be sufficient, and perhaps overkill. Would appreciate someone else's views!
Vance987 wrote: There should also be a link to the open mw homepage. And maybe a development admin type thingy where the developers talk about the project? But that could go into the general discussion... I'm just rambling. Great work! :D
Lordrea wrote: Niko and I determined that the wiki would be the new homepage. So it just needs to be brought up to date, and changed a bit.
Vance987 wrote: Kay :roll:
Guest wrote: I think there needs to be a news section so that Nico can tell us what's going on with the project and we can discuss it.
Greendogo wrote:
Guest wrote:I think there needs to be a news section so that Nico can tell us what's going on with the project and we can discuss it.
Yeah, that was me. I haven't been to a board that allowed "Guests" to post in a long time, interesting.
Lordrea wrote:
Guest wrote:I think there needs to be a news section so that Nico can tell us what's going on with the project and we can discuss it.
I also think that a forum where only contributing devs can create new threads (while everyone else can still post to those threads). Pointing your RSS feeder to that forum would be handy!
Greendogo wrote:
Yeah, that was me. I haven't been to a board that allowed "Guests" to post in a long time, interesting.
If it becomes a problem in any way, I can revoke it. But until then, I don't see a need to force people to register.