Windows 7, Boost library location problem

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Windows 7, Boost library location problem

Post by lgromanowski »

Fractal wrote: Hello!

I've only newly found this project and I've never used cmake before. I'm having a bit of trouble.

I'm using Windows 7 and I'm getting an error when I try to run cmake telling me that it can't find my boost directory. Looking on the Wiki, I've noticed that I needed to download three additional boost libraries and put them in my <OGREPATH>\boost_1_42\lib directory, they are :

- system
- filesystem
- program_options

They join two boost libraries that were already in that directory :

- date_time
- thread

Now I've not had a lot of experiance working with the boost libraries except for a bit with boost_python and Motionbuilder, so I don't know what their version information really means. The libraries I downloaded are "vc90" versions, as it says on the Wiki, and I got both the mt and the mt-gd varieties, but the ones that were in my Ogre directory are vc100's. I don't know if that's relevent, I'm including it for completeness.

So I did this and I tried to cmake again and I got the same error.

So I went on this forum and I tried to find people having hte same problem and I found this thread, where Zini says to use a modified cmake script. So I replaced my FindBoost.cmake file with the one that he linked, and I tried again, and I got the same error -again-.

So nothing I'm doing seems to be working, so I decided I might as well ask for help.

My error is here :

Code: Select all

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\openmw>C:\openmw\cmake\bin\cmake ..\openmw -G "Visual Studio 9 2008"
CMake Error: The source directory "C:/openmw" does not appear to contain CMakeLi
sts.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

C:\openmw>cd openmw

C:\openmw\openmw>C:\openmw\cmake\bin\cmake ..\openmw -G "Visual Studio 9 2008"
-- OpenMW pre-built binaries not found.  Using standard locations.
-- Looking for OGRE
-- Using OGRE SDK
-- Boost was not found. Set the Boost_INCLUDE_DIR cmake cache entry to the direc
tory containing the boost include files. E.g /usr/local/include/boost-1_33_1 or
c:\boost\include\boost-1_33_1
-- Looking for OIS...
-- Found OIS: optimized;C:/Users/ANON/Documents/Programs/OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-1/
lib/release/OIS.lib;debug;C:/Users/ANON/Documents/Programs/OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-
1/lib/debug/OIS_d.lib
CMake Error at C:/openmw/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandard
Args.cmake:91 (MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find OpenAL (missing: OPENAL_LIBRARY OPENAL_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/openmw/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:25
2 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  C:/openmw/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindOpenAL.cmake:101 (FIND_PACKAGE_HAN
DLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:211 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
Yes, I'm also missing openAL, but I'm trying to work these out one at a time, so I haven't installed that library yet.

Does anyone feel like helping me with this? I would appreciate any kind of help I can get, but what I think would be fastest and least annoying for me would be if someone was willing to hop on Tinychat and walk me through this.

EDIT: Just noticed something, despite having a copy of ogre in my openmw root directory, it's still linking to the copy in my documents. I'd really like it to stop doing that, anyone got any ideas?

EDIT2: Adding URL trackbacks.
jhooks1 wrote: You need to set a variable in cmake, BOOST_ROOT, to where your boost is located.
Star-Demon wrote:
jhooks1 wrote:You need to set a variable in cmake, BOOST_ROOT, to where your boost is located.
In CMake:

Add entry:
The type will be PATH

Then go find it on the compy and it should work.
Fractal wrote: Ah ha!

cMake has a GUI!

That certainly made things easier. Thanks!

It's surprisingly hard to find any kind of "I have no idea what cmake is, please explain from base concepts" kind of tutorial on the internet.

Ah well.

*goes off to read openmw*
Star-Demon wrote:
Fractal wrote:Ah ha!

cMake has a GUI!

That certainly made things easier. Thanks!

It's surprisingly hard to find any kind of "I have no idea what cmake is, please explain from base concepts" kind of tutorial on the internet.

Ah well.

*goes off to read openmw*
Maybe I'll make one.
Fractal wrote: Couldn't hurt!