Correcting my fork

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Correcting my fork

Post by lgromanowski »

Star-Demon wrote: I notice that, on github, everyone moved their fork under Zini's master - I've wanted to do this myself but opted to remote in changes.

Given how I've had a few problems merging in changes -can anyone tell me what I should do to fix my fork so it's set up correctly as everyone else's fork is?
Peppe wrote: I'm not really sure what the problem you are experiencing is, and as such I can't really propose a solution to it.

Can you try to describe it more in detail?

Which repository you originally cloned does not matter, getting changes from another repository is just a question of adding a remote and pull or fetch.
Star-Demon wrote:
Peppe wrote:I'm not really sure what the problem you are experiencing is, and as such I can't really propose a solution to it.

Can you try to describe it more in detail?

Which repository you originally cloned does not matter, getting changes from another repository is just a question of adding a remote and pull or fetch.
Apparently not, as twice Zini has twice told me something was wrong with my fork. There must be something wrong with the setup, but it's a remote and I pull, just as you say.

I really don't know, but I just want any more problems from it.
Zini wrote: Don't remember exactly what the problem was. But I think once you forgot a submodule update. And the other one might be you working with a very old version of the code base without merging in changes from my master fork. Nothing a different github setup can fix.
Star-Demon wrote:
Zini wrote:Don't remember exactly what the problem was. But I think once you forgot a submodule update. And the other one might be you working with a very old version of the code base without merging in changes from my master fork. Nothing a different github setup can fix.
Ah, okay then.