compiler error

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

compiler error

Post by lgromanowski »

gus wrote: Hi,

i have a new error that wasn't there before:

Code: Select all

..\..\..\openmw\apps\openmw\mwworld\world.cpp(276): error C2039: 'forEach' : is not a member 'ESMS::CellStore<D>'
How do i fix it?
(i'm using the latest bullet branch).
Zini wrote: It works here (gcc 4.4.3). Not sure what is going wrong, but unless I am overlooking something obvious it might be a compiler-specific problem.
You could try to explicitly specify the type at the function call (forEach<ListHandles> (functor) instead of forEach (functor)), but that is just a blind guess.
gus wrote: It doesn't work.
I must admit I am a little lost with all this code^^
Zini wrote: Well, you could start by telling us your compiler version. Also when you say bullet branch, you actually mean the movement branch, right?
Can any other MSVC user (with the same version or even with a different version) confirm this problem?
gus wrote:
Also when you say bullet branch, you actually mean the movement branch, right?
Yes
Well, you could start by telling us your compiler version.
Visual C++ 2010
gus wrote: My bad.
I think i messed up something with git. Redoing openmw from scratch solved the problem!
Zini wrote: Shit happens.

I see you merged the bullet branch. How is the bullet cmake script working for you? Can I flag the corresponding roadmap entry as done?
gus wrote: In fact, i have no idea. I don't remember if i messed with Bullet path or not :(
maybe some linux user can try it?
Zini wrote: I can't get to the point, where I could test the bullet integration. Your branch depends on your local changes to the OpenEngine project. Without these the code does not compile at all.
It seems you have some submodule trouble. At least you need to fork OpenEngine and to commit the changes to your fork.
gus wrote: Ok. As soon as i will have a clean stuff working, i will commit it,and fork OpenEngine.