ENUMS!

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

ENUMS!

Post by lgromanowski »

Star-Demon wrote: "Added ((more)) enumerated States to inputmanager to handle future standard actions."

I noticed we just didn't have some action enum states in for some inputs, so I decided to see if I could make an extremely simple commit and push. It worked. I can now actually do things with the code. At long last!

Just thought I'd post about this change just to comply with the new rules.
Zini wrote: Looks correct.

You are working with an older version of my master branch and there have been a lot of changes. To avoid ugly merges in the future, you probably want to merge in my master branch now.

For a small test commit like this, its okay to use your master branch. But if you want to work on something more involved, you might consider creating a topic branch (see our branching policy http://openmw.org/wiki/index.php?title=Branching_Policy).

That brings us to the point of your further coding work. We have a couple of tasks on our roadmap that are flagged as "Very Easy" and "Easy". They probably would be your best bet for getting into OpenMW coding more seriously.
Or you could continue with the work you started and implement some of the new actions. That is slightly harder and I haven't looked into it closely yet, but at least A_AutoMove should be implementable with the current state of OpenMW (I can give you a few hints about how to implement it, if you are interested).
Star-Demon wrote:
Zini wrote:Looks correct.

You are working with an older version of my master branch and there have been a lot of changes. To avoid ugly merges in the future, you probably want to merge in my master branch now.

For a small test commit like this, its okay to use your master branch. But if you want to work on something more involved, you might consider creating a topic branch (see our branching policy http://openmw.org/wiki/index.php?title=Branching_Policy).

That brings us to the point of your further coding work. We have a couple of tasks on our roadmap that are flagged as "Very Easy" and "Easy". They probably would be your best bet for getting into OpenMW coding more seriously.
Or you could continue with the work you started and implement some of the new actions. That is slightly harder and I haven't looked into it closely yet, but at least A_AutoMove should be implementable with the current state of OpenMW (I can give you a few hints about how to implement it, if you are interested).
Ah - I merged up. Should be fine now. Also - fixed the caps on one state.

Well, I feel most comfortable working on small things right now. I don't want to touch larger tasks I haven't written myself in my own projects.

As for automove, I'd just have to take any key or controller input to cancel the forward movement. I can probably do it, but no promises. It'd be a good exercise since I'd learn how to move actors in Ogre and play with input.
Zini wrote:
Ah - I merged up. Should be fine now. Also - fixed the caps on one state.
I see the second commit on github, but no merge. That should definitely be sorted out before you continue.
As for automove, I'd just have to take any key or controller input to cancel the forward movement. I can probably do it, but no promises
Actually, its not that simple. I can give you step-by-step instructions (not in full detail, obviously; would still require a bit of looking things up on your side). But if you would like to do something else instead, that's okay too. Let me know how you decide.
Star-Demon wrote:
Zini wrote:I see the second commit on github, but no merge. That should definitely be sorted out before you continue.
Huh. It made me do that commit had to do that before I could merge....

TBH I'm not sure what to do...do I merge yours in again?

No big deal bout the steps - I was just thinking. :)
Zini wrote: You need to merge only once. But you didn't. At least not successfully. No idea how to diagnose that remotely. Maybe you could exactly list the steps you did for merging?
Star-Demon wrote:
Zini wrote:You need to merge only once. But you didn't. At least not successfully. No idea how to diagnose that remotely. Maybe you could exactly list the steps you did for merging?
I pushed the original commit, then saw your post - I opened git and "git merge zinnschlag/master"

made me "git commit -a" enter vim to fix my message

I think I forgot "git push"

"git merge zinnschlag/master"

Lots of nice output.

I'll try pushing and merging again....says I'm up to date.
Zini wrote: If you forgot to push after the merge, nothing will show up on github. So lets try that first.

If that fails:
Lots of nice output.
You still got that nice output? It might help answer some questions.

Edit: Okay, now I see your merge. Looks like it was the missing push.