NPC Dialogue Window

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Locked
User avatar
lgromanowski
Site Admin
Posts: 1151
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 22:21
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Github profile: https://github.com/lgromanowski
Contact:

NPC Dialogue Window

Post by lgromanowski » 15 Aug 2011, 10:25

swick wrote: Today I looked in dialoguemanager, dialogue and dialogue_history. It seems like everything works fine, we just have to fill the window with the right data. So, what am I supposed to do?
Zini wrote: Well, an important part of the task is to evaluate what works and what not. Are topic links (in the text) working? Is the multiple choice mode working?

Then you need to hook up the GUI to the DialogueManager. IIRC only the initial greetings message is supported there and not with all options yet. At least you should create an interface that can be used to feed the input from the dialogue GUI back to the dialogue manager. But if you want you can also complete the DialogueManager class.
Peppe wrote:
Zini wrote:Are topic links (in the text) working?
Yes.
This method will however not work with MyGUI 3.2 as the property I use has become private. I plan to have a look at the HyperTextBox from the MyGUI unit test and see how/if that is solved there.
Zini wrote:Is the multiple choice mode working?
It is not. I got distracted before getting to that part.
Zini wrote:Then you need to hook up the GUI to the DialogueManager. IIRC only the initial greetings message is supported there and not with all options yet. At least you should create an interface that can be used to feed the input from the dialogue GUI back to the dialogue manager. But if you want you can also complete the DialogueManager class.
This is started, I got slightly side tracked by the whole window handling thing though.
Zini wrote: I see new code of you on github. Looks like you are getting active again. Active enough to also take on the dialogue GUI again?

@swick: I offered you the task, because I thought Peppe would stay inactive longer. Sorry for the confusion. Assuming Peppe wants the task back, would you mind taking on the MWRender rewrite instead? This task has recently become free again and it is very important.
Peppe wrote:
Zini wrote:I see new code of you on github. Looks like you are getting active again. Active enough to also take on the dialogue GUI again?
I just started my vacation this week, so I have more time for a few weeks.
swick wrote:
Zini wrote:@swick: I offered you the task, because I thought Peppe would stay inactive longer. Sorry for the confusion. Assuming Peppe wants the task back, would you mind taking on the MWRender rewrite instead? This task has recently become free again and it is very important.
You mean http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/144 ? I would really love not to do gui anymore ;)
Give Peppe the task back and assign the MWRender task to me.

PS: Now, I've holidays, too.
Zini wrote: Okay. Done with task rotating for now. Almost all important tasks on 0.12.0 are taken now.
sir_herrbatka wrote: Great. We need this code maintance stuff also for the sake of animation integration! :-)
Zini wrote: Actually for pretty much all further rendering tasks.
sir_herrbatka wrote: But animations are the nearest most spectacular feature (nmsf for short) currently ;-)
best regards,
Lukasz

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest