attached images not always displayed in forums

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
natirips

attached images not always displayed in forums

Post by natirips »

I noticed that some images do not display if I re-visit a topic. Insted, I have to right-click the "image" (it's filename) and select "view image" from the drop-down menu (this probably varies from browser to browser).

Is that a bug (a.k.a. feature, works-as-intended, etc.) or is it meant to save network traffic/page load time/server load/whatever?
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: attached images not always displayed in forums

Post by lgromanowski »

natirips wrote:I noticed that some images do not display if I re-visit a topic. Insted, I have to right-click the "image" (it's filename) and select "view image" from the drop-down menu (this probably varies from browser to browser).

Is that a bug (a.k.a. feature, works-as-intended, etc.) or is it meant to save network traffic/page load time/server load/whatever?
Could you give some example (link to topic / post) where such problem appear?
natirips

Post by natirips »

test.png
(1.45 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
testing it right now
natirips

Post by natirips »

When I posted above post, I saw the image.

Then I went to Discuss the Site section of the forum and clicked this topic again.

For a brief moment, the image was still there, but then suddenly there's it's filename instead of the image. While I'm writing this post the topic review below shows the image.

If I re-visit the topic in a new tab (just tried it) the image is there for a brief moment, but then it collapses into it's filename, like this:
ss.jpg
I haven't seen this behavior on other phpBB forums.
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

natirips wrote:When I posted above post, I saw the image.

Then I went to Discuss the Site section of the forum and clicked this topic again.

For a brief moment, the image was still there, but then suddenly there's it's filename instead of the image. While I'm writing this post the topic review below shows the image.

If I re-visit the topic in a new tab (just tried it) the image is there for a brief moment, but then it collapses into it's filename, like this:
ss.jpg
I haven't seen this behavior on other phpBB forums.
Happens to me too
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

I can go out of this thread and come back and the images display fine for me. I am using Internet Explorer without tabs though.
natirips

Post by natirips »

ATM the images are showing for me as well even if I re-visit the topic several times. But I've attached the screenshot above of how it looks when images are not showing.
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

Appeared when you posted, tried browsing around the forums.
And now images in this thread don't appear anymore. Only like shown in screenshot.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

I think that there are some problems with cache forum but I'm not 100% sure. At this moment please try to use F5 key (page refresh), and clean browser cache maybe it will help (I will check what is the source of problem and how to fix it).