Forum reorganisation

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
raevol

Re: Forum reorganisation

Post by raevol »

Hahaha nice. :D
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

it has different meaning in polish. End of offtopic.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

OK, should new subforum be in Technical, or Technical -> Development, or in General forum? What do you think?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

general, i guess...
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

sirherrbatka wrote:general, i guess...
Done.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Can we add a subforum for developers status updates? Currently organisation and planning is the place where it goes.

Also I think that adding a forum section for roadmaps and new versions discussions wouldn't be a bad idea.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Not sure. Organisation and Planning is one of the most active forum sections. But it doesn't have enough traffic to affect its usability much. Opinions?
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

If devs are actually putting their updates in Organization and Planning then the problem isn't that we need to add new subforums, but those devs need to start making and using threads in the developement sections.

However, what I've been seeing in Organization and Planning hasn't been developer updates. It's been things that belong there: mostly version updates, build and RC updates and general stuff about the project plus a smattering (ie - really small amount) of talk about bugs with those builds and RCs and updates about features that need to get done before the release in question can happen.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I was talking about the "I will be off for a week (salsa performance)" like threads.

Organistation and planning is now filled with just everything. Later it will become hard to find important stuff there.
raevol

Post by raevol »

sirherrbatka wrote:I was talking about the "I will be off for a week (salsa performance)" like threads.
Psh, who would post stuff like that? Come on now...