Unselected forum hyperlinks are small on mobile

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
Thunderforge

Unselected forum hyperlinks are small on mobile

Post by Thunderforge »

When browsing the forum on mobile, links that have not been selected are small.
Mobile Small text.png
Mobile Small text.png (160.56 KiB) Viewed 9505 times
As soon as you tap that link, it gets bigger, often shifting position if it no longer fits next to adjacent items (if the link moves, then you have to tap it again in its new location).
Mobile Big Text.png
Mobile Big Text.png (156.51 KiB) Viewed 9505 times
This also happens in forum posts as well, not just the navigation links. Here is an example where I have tapped the first link (and am in the process of being redirected, but did not tap the bottom link.
Two links.png
My guess is that the CSS for mobile is messed up such that unselected hyperlinks have a smaller text size than selected hyperlinks.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: Unselected forum hyperlinks are small on mobile

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
what is your mobile screen resolution?
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

It’s an iPhone SE. According to these specs, it’s 1136‑by‑640‑pixel resolution at 326 ppi.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
I've tried to reproduce it on android version of Firefox and Chrome, but "Mark forum read" links have normal size there. Are you using Safari? Could you please check if you see same small links on FF or Chrome on your phone?
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

lgromanowski wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 22:57 Hi,
I've tried to reproduce it on android version of Firefox and Chrome, but "Mark forum read" links have normal size there. Are you using Safari? Could you please check if you see same small links on FF or Chrome on your phone?
Yes, I am using Safari (the default iOS browser). I iust tried with Firefox and get the same error. As I recall, all browsers on iOS ate required to use WebKit under the hood, so it’s not surprising that they behave the same way.