27-28 May: Forum update

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

27-28 May: Forum update

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
I'd like to make a forum update at 27-28 May (weekend). Update will take at least one day and access to forums will be blocked for this period of time (I've tested it three times and it won't go faster unfortunately), so if anyone have good reason to not to do this at given date, please speak loudly. :ugeek:

EDIT:
There is one major drawback of this update - all styles except default prosilver will be disabled. OpenMW style will be restored, but I have to port it to new version of phpbb (twig template).
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: 27-28 May: Forum update

Post by psi29a »

lgromanowski wrote:There is one major drawback of this update - all styles except default prosilver will be disabled. OpenMW style will be restored, but I have to port it to new version of phpbb (twig template).
I consider this a plus, prosilver has been my default since the beginning. I was never a fan of the other theme/skin. Clean, to the point and easy on the eyes.

As for rest, sounds good. Thanks for the heads up.
Zini

Post by Zini »

+1
raevol

Post by raevol »

+1, I'd like to have the custom theme back, but I'm in support of the upgrade either way.

I'd like to redo our site theme someday too, maybe I'll start a different thread about that.
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

+1, glad you've worked everything out. Let us know how your experience went.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

I consider the custom theme to be thematic of the project and important for casual visitors. Some people may prefer the more streamlined themes, but they won't entertain the youngins.

+1 for upgrades, but please put an emphasis on getting the theme back sooner rather than later. I recommend prolonging the release of 0.42 until the theme has been restored. At the time of release we will get a lot of traffic and the streamlined theme will alienate users because it doesn't look as professional as having our own custom theme running.
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

Hurray for updates \o/
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Ok, update has been completed. I've managed to convert OpenMW forum theme to the recent phpbb version and it seems to work quite nice (It is set as default theme as in old forum version). Please send me an info if you encounter any errors or something which is not working as it should.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Looks great igro! The new layout might take a while to get used to for me, but I'm sure it will work better in the long run. :)
raevol

Post by raevol »

Awesome, great work!