27-28 May: Forum update

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
Ravenwing

Re: 27-28 May: Forum update

Post by Ravenwing »

Already a huge fan! One request, the contrast between the actual forum bits and the background image in the OpenMW theme is very low. I think it would be easier to read if the background or the body colors were darker, preferably the background. But I love how clean it looks. Any under the hood improvements that are worth noting?
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

lysol wrote: 27 May 2017, 20:49 Looks great igro! The new layout might take a while to get used to for me, but I'm sure it will work better in the long run. :)
Agreed. I logged in to check the site and was like "whoa"...

I have yet to get used to this, but I like the change.

ST
heilkitty

Post by heilkitty »

I think,

Code: Select all

div.post
would look better with some border, TBH.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

OK, thanks for the suggestions - I'll update theme in the next few days.
MiroslavR

Post by MiroslavR »

Another issue is that the "REPLIES", "VIEWS" and "LAST POST" column texts are barely noticeable: search.php?search_id=active_topics
Zini

Post by Zini »

Very minor issue: When using a small browser window the golden OpenMW text is rendered in front of the search box.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

I've noticed this too - it's a first thing on the "after-update fixes" list :)
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

My thoughts:
  • I like that now there's a helpful button that takes me to the first unread post in a thread, as previously it either wasn't a feature, or was, but was broken.
  • The red thing that differentiated between read and unread posts when you're in a thread is now just text, so it's harder to see at a glance. It's less necessary because of my first point now, though.
Tolchock

Post by Tolchock »

The active topics list and the bar at the top do not display correctly on mobile (Android 7.1, Chrome browser.). Previously the list was less "scrunched up" and there was less empty space, especially on the right. Otherwise, looking good!
Spoiler: Show
Pherim

Post by Pherim »

I don't know if this is because of the update, but the "Downloads" link in the header leads to https://code.google.com/archive/p/openmw/downloads when clicked from the forum, and not to https://openmw.org/downloads/ like it does from the website.