Mod Status page primary maintainer

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
Cramal

Re: Mod Status page primary maintainer

Post by Cramal »

I've made the modifications for all but the point 2.

I'm not really aware of the different Linux builds, so if anyone have any informations I would be happy to include it into my form

https://goo.gl/forms/jTYCQqzUTFIA08Ex1
Tels

Post by Tels »

Just filled out the form, hope this helps.

Still, as Linux user I can't help you with the different builds question, since I just installed it from the Ubuntu repository. The "openmw --version" does not specify which build or different version it is - all I know is that it seems to be a 64bit build.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Tels wrote:Just filled out the form, hope this helps.
Nice. :)
Tels wrote: Still, as Linux user I can't help you with the different builds question, since I just installed it from the Ubuntu repository. The "openmw --version" does not specify which build or different version it is - all I know is that it seems to be a 64bit build.
Maybe one of our linux packagers could help us here? @psi29a?

@Cramal: I realised that we don't ask for the language of the Morrowind installation used with OpenMW. Maybe you could add that option in order to isolate localisation-related issues with mods?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

dpkg -l openmw

This will tell you the version and what arch is installed.
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

@Tels : Thanks you each answer is usefull.

@Atahualpa : I just add a question about that.

When the announcement for the 0.40.0 will be published, I will post on the forums and reddit to try to get as many answer as possible
Tels

Post by Tels »

psi29a wrote:dpkg -l openmw

This will tell you the version and what arch is installed.
Ah, yes, should have thought of that :)

Code: Select all

ii  openmw                                0.39.0-1~xenial1        amd64
Darklocq

Post by Darklocq »

Thunderforge and I are working on this, picking up from where Atahualpa seems to have left off several months ago. The plan includes reorganizing the mod list categorically, for expansion (see thread at Talk:Mod_status), and some templates are being developed.

I've been doing a shipload of mod playtesting since January, as detailed at User:Darklocq/Mod_testing_notes, which is only about 1/4 done with regard to the mods I've tried so far, and I try new ones all the time). While it is not the Mod Testing Guidelines method, that one-mod-at-a-time approach is only needed for tracking down problems. If a mod works fine with 200 other mods loaded, it is ready to add to the Mod Status list as Working. And mods that mostly work aside from some little glitch are prime candidates for patches (I've already released one, and have several others in the works).

I've also developed some general "mods in OpenMW" tips, and some more specific "companion mods in OpenMW" tips material, both of which are sufficient at this point to be split into separate articles.

As for the "maintainer" thing, I agree that is not a stable approach. People come and go, more so on a wiki like this than on a big, general one. A solution to this is for the list of testers as the bottom to include user talk page links added by editors who consider themselves active and willing to answer questions or help.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Thanks for your hard work on the wiki! :) (And yes, I currently have no time for wiki-related stuff).
Darklocq wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 17:05 As for the "maintainer" thing, I agree that is not a stable approach. People come and go, more so on a wiki like this than on a big, general one. A solution to this is for the list of testers as the bottom to include user talk page links added by editors who consider themselves active and willing to answer questions or help.
That's a possible solution -- and there is also the Mod Compatibility subforum for more public discussions.
Darklocq

Post by Darklocq »

Atahualpa wrote: 17 Jul 2017, 15:15 there is also the Mod Compatibility subforum for more public discussions.
Yes, good thing to add pointers to.