Website design proposal(s)

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
jvoisin

Re: Website design proposal(s)

Post by jvoisin »

About article titles : There is no differences between the title, the date, and the author.
It's a little bit disturbing.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Our web admin needs to upload the latest version of the theme, which I just sent him, or revert to the old theme. You do not have permission to use a broken version of my theme on the website.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

You do not have permission to use a broken version of my theme on the website.
It's not THAT broken.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

@raevol:
You can test and tweak your theme on http://sandbox.openmw.org/ which is available for testing (you have admin rights on that wordpress - but please don't mess with w3 cache and nginx plugins options). If theme will be finished and everybody say that it looks good, then send me a PM/e-mail or write a post here and I will move theme to the main site.

//EDIT: To baypass proxy cache you need to add :81 port suffix to address: http://sandbox.openmw.org:81/
raevol

Post by raevol »

lgro, perhaps you can take a look at this: http://sandbox.openmw.org/

When I enable your social media plugin it completely breaks the layout. Try disabling it and see that the layout is then displayed correctly. Any ideas as to why this is?

My personal vote is to just not use that plugin, I think it's distracting, ugly, and unnecessary.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

raevol wrote:lgro, perhaps you can take a look at this: http://sandbox.openmw.org/
Let's wait for others comments, for me it looks good.
raevol wrote: When I enable your social media plugin it completely breaks the layout. Try disabling it and see that the layout is then displayed correctly. Any ideas as to why this is?
I think author or Wordpress team disabled hidden-seo link, but they do it wrong (they commented one line too much). It's fixed now.
raevol wrote: My personal vote is to just not use that plugin, I think it's distracting, ugly, and unnecessary.
I think you're right, but we need something "social-media" related so others could follow us and see what's going on in OpenMW. I will search for other plugins.

// EDIT: Btw. I think there should be a footer with "Copyrights (c) ... / Designed by you / Hosted by rootnode"
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

What was wrong with prev version?
raevol

Post by raevol »

sir_herrbatka wrote:What was wrong with prev version?
Some of the CSS got borked. We enforced a strict doctype, and I had some case issues in the CSS file, so things weren't showing up right. It's been fixed now, we're just ironing out the details.
lgromanowski wrote:I think you're right, but we need something "social-media" related so others could follow us and see what's going on in OpenMW. I will search for other plugins.

// EDIT: Btw. I think there should be a footer with "Copyrights (c) ... / Designed by you / Hosted by rootnode"
There's the RSS feeds? And I suggested a while back we set up a facebook page. We also used to have the dev twitters listed on the wiki, we could add that to the Team page?

I'll put in a footer, thanks for reminding me.
raevol

Post by raevol »

http://sandbox.openmw.org/ has been updated, I even did a post on there noting what has been updated. :)

I'm still getting w3c validator errors. Most are from the social media plugin, and the rest still seem to be a result of the doctype. One is from one of the widgets. Any ideas lgro?
Zini

Post by Zini »

[quote]There's the RSS feeds? And I suggested a while back we set up a facebook page. We also used to have the dev twitters listed on the wiki, we could add that to the Team page?/quote]

Well, you know my opinion on Facebook. Twitter is another matter through. I am not sure if the team page is the ideal place, but I don't have any better idea right now.