bugtracker login issues

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
matthewfarmery

bugtracker login issues

Post by matthewfarmery »

I am having issues logging into the bug tracker, everytime I try and login, it just keeps saying Invalid user or password, but I know both are correct, I tried resetting the password several times and using that, (using a password generator) when I try to register again, my email and username same as here) has been taken, so I am registered with the system, I just can't login.

does the password need special requirements? Im currently using numbers, upper and lower case letters, and a 11 digit length password, not sure what else could be the issue?

thanks in advance
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: bugtracker login issues

Post by lgromanowski »

matthewfarmery wrote:I am having issues logging into the bug tracker, everytime I try and login, it just keeps saying Invalid user or password, but I know both are correct, I tried resetting the password several times and using that, (using a password generator) when I try to register again, my email and username same as here) has been taken, so I am registered with the system, I just can't login.

does the password need special requirements? Im currently using numbers, upper and lower case letters, and a 11 digit length password, not sure what else could be the issue?

thanks in advance
Hi,
you should receive e-mail with new password. Please check if it's working for you, also you will be forced to change a password in bugtracker after successful login.
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

still didn't work, I also tried to reset the password a few times and still no joy also tried using chrome and FF, and still the same error, could it be something to do with the openID thing at the bottom? otherwise, I not got a clue what is wrong.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

matthewfarmery wrote:still didn't work, I also tried to reset the password a few times and still no joy also tried using chrome and FF, and still the same error, could it be something to do with the openID thing at the bottom? otherwise, I not got a clue what is wrong.
Please use just password, and don't touch OpenID editbox (I'm going to remove it because it's not working correctly).
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

even if I only use my username and password, I still can't login.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

matthewfarmery wrote:even if I only use my username and password, I still can't login.
Are you using new password from e-mail (you should receive e-mail from bugtracker with new password)?

// Edit: Your user name is different. You should use "mathew" with one T letter.
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

lgromanowski wrote:
matthewfarmery wrote:even if I only use my username and password, I still can't login.
Are you using new password from e-mail (you should receive e-mail from bugtracker with new password)?
I tried that didn't work, I been trying to use reset password, and still no luck

I tried reducing the password length to 8 digits, and only have uppercase and lower case and still no luck, just keeps saying the same error message,

I also tried using reset password again and used the password the email sent me, and still no joy,

edit

what version of redmine are you using? doing a google search yields some interesting results, as version 1.2 seems to have issues with users not been able to login.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=redmi ... 7gaN1IGABw

as I tried quite a few times to login and still no joy, just wondering if there is something wrong server side that is wrong, (have you created a user recently to test this?
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
is your login with single T letter working? Are you able to log in to bug tracker?
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

I guess I was blind, didn't see that I had one t instead of two, oh well, it works now, I normally have two ts in my name, I guess I mistyped, but its not a problem, sorry for the hassle, but I can login at least.