English weekly news translation

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: English weekly news translation

Post by lgromanowski »

Thanks! :)
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

OpenMW now supports all nasty, harmful relating to the “Marksman” skill category.
There's something wrong with this sentence.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Would following sentence be ok?
OpenMW now supports all nasty, harmful things relating to the “Marksman” skill category.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Ha! Oh gosh, I can't believe I missed that. I totally thought it had the word things in there when I read it.

I think the sentence maybe still reads like it was written by a non-native speaker, but I like it that way :) Either way, I believe it's grammatically correct and makes sense.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Ok, I've just corrected this, thanks! :)
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
another week, another weekly, another humble request for proof-reading :)
Skeletons aren't fair-playing

OpenMW 0.29.0 has been released - the best release since the previous one! :D
Just look at the list of changes - it already impresses with the size, and most importantly,
it includes the long awaited option to save the game. Of course, most of you already
knows this very well, so time to go to the events of last week.

An interesting new feature in the OpenCS editor is the emergence of the initial
implementation of the pane model preview. As the name suggests, it is a tool for
the object previewing, without having to place it in the rendering cell window.

I'm not sure if that absolutely essential feature was available in the original
Construction Set, but we have it!

In addition, another portion of AI patches appeared in OpenMW repository, and since now
the characters under the influence of levitation and walking on water magic effects
are able to use these spells to move over the area of water. Also, creatures can handle
ranged combat - beware of skeleton-archers with magic, paralysing arrows!
Probably every veteran player has already experienced the charm of this weapon ;)

Till next time!
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Skeletons don't play fair

OpenMW v0.29.0 has been released - the best release since the previous one! :D
Just look at the list of changes - not only is its sheer size impressive, it also includes the long awaited option to save the game. Of course, most of you already know this very well, so let's move on to the events of the last week.

An interesting new feature in the OpenCS editor is the initial implementation of the model preview pane. As the name suggests, it is a tool for previewing objects without having to place them in the cell rendering window.

I'm not sure if this absolutely essential feature was available in the original Construction Set, but we have it!

In addition, another portion of AI patches have appeared in OpenMW's repository and characters under the influence of levitation and water walking magic are now able to use these spells to move over areas of water. Also, creatures can handle ranged combat - beware of skeleton-archers with enchanted, paralyzing arrows!
Probably every veteran player has already experienced the charm of this weapon ;)

Till next time!
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Thanks! :)
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
as usual, kind request for proof-reading:
OpenCS above all!

I'll start in a bit different way - from OpenCS editor (instead of OpenWM as usual).

Thanks to SirHerrbatka's and Zini's efforts, OpenCS editor recently has been enriched with the functions which were mentioned in last weekly posts. To dot the i's and cross the t's, especially for you, our editor in all its glory, with a previewing and editing views:

<screenshot>

Beaut! And all of this is in the main branch!

Besides, fixes, fixes, fixes, and Scrawl. As every week, Scrawl dealt with some nasty bugs (this time with NPCs not falling down). Slothlife, meanwhile, has included support for saving the current weather state in savegame files. I think that loading and saving the state of character's spells list also will appear soon.

And that's all folks, till next time!
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I think that loading and saving the state of character's spells list also will appear soon.
this should be
I hope that loading and saving the state of character's spells list also will appear soon.
imho, though those are your thoughts ;-)