English news poll

This is the place to discuss the Wiki contents, forum issues, themes and to propose site-related features and ideas.

English news poll

Poll ended at 26 Feb 2014, 09:04

keep it as-is
16
43%
keep it as-is, without memes
6
16%
sanitize it (SH writes it, native edits it)
14
38%
someone else write it
1
3%
 
Total votes: 37

User avatar
lgromanowski
Site Admin
Posts: 1143
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 22:21
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Github profile: https://github.com/lgromanowski
Contact:

English news poll

Post by lgromanowski » 27 Jan 2014, 09:04

Hi,
here is poll related to English news on the our blog.
BrotherBrick wrote:
wheybags wrote:Don't quit Sir_Herrbatka ;_;
+1 SH is the cheerleader of OpenMW, everyone relies on him!

Put it to the polls...

1) keep it as-is
2) keep it as-is, without memes
3) sanitize it (SH writes it, native edits it)
4) someone else write it

Lgro, can you setup an (official) poll for us please?
best regards,
Lukasz

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 2399
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: English news poll

Post by raevol » 27 Jan 2014, 09:46

I voted keep as-is, but I am in favor of anything. If SH really really wants to step down (which I don't want him to, I really like his updates) I might be willing to step in. I'd prefer he kept writing them though, as stated, I like his updates.

User avatar
sirherrbatka
Posts: 2113
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 17:21

Re: English news poll

Post by sirherrbatka » 27 Jan 2014, 09:58

Yes, really. I was doing it for years now, even on old board in the ancient times of Niko. I really had enough of this. I want to just write news in polish.

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 2399
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: English news poll

Post by raevol » 27 Jan 2014, 10:09

sirherrbatka wrote:Yes, really. I was doing it for years now, even on old board in the ancient times of Niko. I really had enough of this. I want to just write news in polish.
:( :cry:

User avatar
psi29a
Posts: 3394
Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 10:13
Github profile: https://github.com/psi29a/
Contact:

Re: English news poll

Post by psi29a » 27 Jan 2014, 10:10

sirherrbatka wrote:Yes, really. I was doing it for years now, even on old board in the ancient times of Niko. I really had enough of this. I want to just write news in polish.
Would you still be willing to write the weeklies in Polish and let someone else "polish it up" in English?

User avatar
Greendogo
Posts: 1277
Joined: 26 Aug 2011, 02:04

Re: English news poll

Post by Greendogo » 27 Jan 2014, 10:19

I liked SH's posts, but if he wants to step down then this poll is superfluous and should be closed.

Edit: Just read the other thread. Seems silly if he doesn't want to do it, but do what you want I guess.

User avatar
psi29a
Posts: 3394
Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 10:13
Github profile: https://github.com/psi29a/
Contact:

Re: English news poll

Post by psi29a » 27 Jan 2014, 10:32

Greendogo wrote:I liked SH's posts, but if he wants to step down then this poll is superfluous and should be closed.

Edit: Just read the other thread. Seems silly if he doesn't want to do it, but do what you want I guess.
He still writes them in Polish and plans on doing the same... but Polish only.

My suggestion is then to let someone then translate from it... like what we already do with other languages.

User avatar
lgromanowski
Site Admin
Posts: 1143
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 22:21
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Github profile: https://github.com/lgromanowski
Contact:

Re: English news poll

Post by lgromanowski » 27 Jan 2014, 10:37

BrotherBrick wrote:
Greendogo wrote:I liked SH's posts, but if he wants to step down then this poll is superfluous and should be closed.

Edit: Just read the other thread. Seems silly if he doesn't want to do it, but do what you want I guess.
He still writes them in Polish and plans on doing the same... but Polish only.

My suggestion is then to let someone then translate from it... like what we already do with other languages.
I could do translation from Polish (SH's weekly) to English, but I will appreciate if someone with native English could check my translation before I post news on blog.
best regards,
Lukasz

User avatar
Zedd
Posts: 288
Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 12:08

Re: English news poll

Post by Zedd » 27 Jan 2014, 10:42

If there is nobody available for the proofreading, I'll do it.
I'm not native English, but I'm sure I'll be able to catch 'em all!
Behind you!

User avatar
pvdk
Posts: 517
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 16:34

Re: English news poll

Post by pvdk » 27 Jan 2014, 13:14

I have proofread and corrected Sirr's posts in the past, and I'm certainly willing to do so in the future.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest