Confused about registering

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
cc9cii

Confused about registering

Post by cc9cii »

Hello,

Just joined to congratulate everyone about the new release, but before I could do that I got thoroughly confused about the registration process. First I joined by clicking on the right hand navigation on https://openmw.org/en/. However I couldn't log in to post any messages of congratulations. After a while, I decided to try joining again on the top navigation on the forum. After going through a different registration process, I am now able to post. It appears that I have registered to two different sites? Or have I done something wrong?

Anyway, congrats and many thanks for all your hard work.

cc9cii
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: Confused about registering

Post by lgromanowski »

cc9cii wrote:Hello,

Just joined to congratulate everyone about the new release, but before I could do that I got thoroughly confused about the registration process. First I joined by clicking on the right hand navigation on https://openmw.org/en/. However I couldn't log in to post any messages of congratulations. After a while, I decided to try joining again on the top navigation on the forum. After going through a different registration process, I am now able to post. It appears that I have registered to two different sites? Or have I done something wrong?

Anyway, congrats and many thanks for all your hard work.

cc9cii
First of all - welcome :)
Openmw.org have different registration system than forum.openmw.org, and bugs.openmw.org, so you need to register in all of this places separately. All comments on openmw.org are moderated, on forums only first three (if they contains some strange things like many links to the different sites etc.). You have to accept cookies from *.openmw.org to have all our websites working correctly. :)
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Hi cc9cii!

You tried to register to our Wordpress. The login stuff in the right-hand navigation on the front page is for the guys who do the news posts etc.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Thanks for the clarification and warm welcome.

Just a quick note that I had to reset my password (I'm pretty sure I had written it down carefully but the site won't accept it this morning?). Seeing that I'm the only one with these issues it must be something at my end, but still a little frustrating :-(

cc9cii