Register to the Wiki?

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
ezzetabi

Register to the Wiki?

Post by ezzetabi »

Sorry for the dumb question, but I am missing the (probably obvious) way.

When I follow the links "Log in", "Click here to create an account." I get dumped back to the forum and if I use the forum credentials I get "Login error; You are not a member of the required phpBB group."

What am I doing wrong?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Register to the Wiki?

Post by psi29a »

Add yourself to the wiki group from inside the forum, bam, problem solved.

Honestly... I think that being apart of the wiki group should happen by default while registering for the forum, Lgro & Zini... what do you think?

I'm sure we could 'mass add' everyone to the group.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

BrotherBrick wrote:Add yourself to the wiki group from inside the forum, bam, problem solved.

Honestly... I think that being apart of the wiki group should happen by default while registering for the forum, Lgro & Zini... what do you think?

I'm sure we could 'mass add' everyone to the group.
This was intentional - it's a part of wiki antispam, but if it's too burdensome then I will enable automatic inclusion to this group for new users.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

It is obviously not apparent how to do this without asking in the forums... how could we make it more obvious aside from searching forums or wiki? :P
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

Just change the error message, instead of "Login error; You are not a member of the required phpBB group."
Write something like: "Login error; Only member of the <GROUPNAME> can log-in. Double check your group settings."

I must be really blind today, I cannot find the wiki syntax page. I sought for "help", "syntax", and "sandbox"...
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

ezzetabi wrote:Just change the error message, instead of "Login error; You are not a member of the required phpBB group."
Write something like: "Login error; Only member of the <GROUPNAME> can log-in. Double check your group settings."
I think it's a good idea. I will change that message.
I must be really blind today, I cannot find the wiki syntax page. I sought for "help", "syntax", and "sandbox"...
Strange, as far I remember that page should be there. I will check this.

// EDIT: Ok, help page was always empty. I've added some simple examples of wiki syntax there.