Two suggestion for the forum before I can start using it

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
jedd

Re: Two suggestion for the forum before I can start using it

Post by jedd »

Well guys... I'm moving on tuesday and I still have a ton of stuffs to take care of beforehand. Sooo I'm going to release the theme as it is so far: http://testforum.jedd.ch/index.php
Consider it an alpha version. It still needs a ton of work but before I put more energy and time into this I need to be sure we're going the right way.

I'm still waiting on Necrod for the icons, and then sending the whole package to lgromanowski. Then you guys will be able to test it out, report bugs and give a real usage feedback.
My plan is then to keep on tweaking and optimizing as time goes by and, if possible, make a few modifications to the blog's code and design too. Bah, we shall see in due time. :roll:
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I appreciate your work jedd, but I'll be sticking with pro silver SE.

Can't please everyone...
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Some texts are a bit too small but other than that it looks awesome, I would use it already.
Eli2

Post by Eli2 »

Nice, i like the theme.
jedd wrote:My plan is then to keep on tweaking and optimizing as time goes by and, if possible, make a few modifications to the blog's code and design too.
Maybe we should put the blog and forum theme into a github repository so that optimizing it can be a collaborative effort.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Eli2 wrote:Nice, i like the theme.
jedd wrote:My plan is then to keep on tweaking and optimizing as time goes by and, if possible, make a few modifications to the blog's code and design too.
Maybe we should put the blog and forum theme into a github repository so that optimizing it can be a collaborative effort.
Let Jedd finish his own release first. This is his baby after all.
jedd

Post by jedd »

Greendogo wrote:Let Jedd finish his own release first. This is his baby after all.
Oh, it's not that. I'm just not proud of the code in its actual state. I was discovering PHPBB's structure as I was playing with it, and I had not done web development since like 2 years...
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Looking good.
raevol

Post by raevol »

What's the status with Necrod and the icons? I notice the "new topic" button gets cut off when viewing a forum.
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

Yeah all current custom buttons are pretty off. Their sizes need to be set up in ACP
I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the icons
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Its installed! YAY :)

Here are some issues I (and pvdk) noticed:

- There seems to be no link to the "view active topics" page ( search.php?search_id=active_topics )
- The "Jump to latest unread post in a topic" button is gone
- In a topic, the currently selected page can't be seen clearly
- Link colors (at least visited links) melt with the post background color. Hard to see.

The dark buttons are great, btw.