Search found 18 matches

by Husaco
07 Apr 2019, 08:38
Forum: Support
Topic: Very low FPS
Replies: 18
Views: 729

Re: Very low FPS

Especially since OpenMW depends on software made by other people which this project can't improve significantly. I meant Bullet and maybe also OSG. There was a discussion about it, but it was more than a year ago and I can't find it. Something about physics problems and Bullet, I think. As a matter...
by Husaco
03 Apr 2019, 07:22
Forum: Feature Requests and Suggestions
Topic: Procedural generation based on land terrain texture grid
Replies: 34
Views: 2214

Re: Procedural generation based on land terrain texture grid

For me, it's about creating the perception of a large world. Unlike later games where people don't seem to recognize things that happen 5 feet outside of town (or worse, when two warring "cities" are a few minutes' walk down the main road), in Daggerfall places feel appropriately separated. It also...
by Husaco
02 Apr 2019, 08:06
Forum: Feature Requests and Suggestions
Topic: Custom music with its own folders for locations
Replies: 5
Views: 229

Re: Custom music with its own folders for locations

I'm pretty sure there are already plans to dehardcode playlist selection post-1.0. You can already add/remove whatever tracks you want from the Data Files/Music folders if you get bored of listening to the same dozen tracks at least, there's just no option to change when they play outside of combat/...
by Husaco
02 Apr 2019, 07:06
Forum: Feature Requests and Suggestions
Topic: Procedural generation based on land terrain texture grid
Replies: 34
Views: 2214

Re: Procedural generation based on land terrain texture grid

One of the things I always found so irritating about Morrowind is the move to tiny land mass. Oh there was Todd Howard whispering "but it's so hand crafted it's got to be good" I was not thrilled with the trade. I wanted a land that really felt big and none of the games after Daggerfall ever did. I...
by Husaco
11 Mar 2019, 05:24
Forum: Organisation and Planning
Topic: OpenMW 0.45.0
Replies: 379
Views: 55429

Re: OpenMW 0.45.0

I havent seen atahualpa active in forum for a long time He said he was working on the video only a fortnight ago. I don't understand why people are getting restless over this release: it's only been a little over half a year since the last release, which has been about par for the course for the pa...
by Husaco
15 Feb 2019, 11:41
Forum: Organisation and Planning
Topic: OpenMW 0.45.0
Replies: 379
Views: 55429

Re: OpenMW 0.45.0

raevol wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 08:26
Sounds like we need Windows RCs (and testing for them) and a status update on the video and announcement? I think Atahualpa was proofreading the announcement?
Ace (SWE) wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 21:42
Built up some new Windows RCs then;

32-bit
64-bit
They didn't break with light testing for me.
by Husaco
15 Feb 2019, 00:54
Forum: General Development
Topic: Animated doors
Replies: 7
Views: 737

Re: Animated doors

...But doors are animated. Unless you're talking about door with cell transitions, in which case that's a lot more work than you might think. Or actor door-opening animations, which I imagine would be a pain when that includes anything from bar doors to regular doors to massive gates.
by Husaco
02 Feb 2019, 16:37
Forum: General Development
Topic: Shadows
Replies: 307
Views: 52397

Re: Shadows

One problem I'm getting testing with the latest build artifact that I haven't seen talked about is some objects getting a light-coloured lip at their bases at night: shadowglitch.png Apart from that I'd say they work great 90% of the time, with the other 10% being jags and sawtooth effects to varyin...
by Husaco
29 Jan 2019, 07:11
Forum: Organisation and Planning
Topic: OpenMW Nightly builds
Replies: 405
Views: 202936

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

With a lack of automatically compiled nightly executables for Windows, how can we blind laymen either find a source of previous executables, or compile our own? The Windows nightlies are still building though? They’re available on the first page of this thread. Moderator comment: The post Husaco is...
by Husaco
24 Jan 2019, 05:06
Forum: Feature Requests and Suggestions
Topic: Undo the alleged MCP "fix" for Absorb spell reflection
Replies: 63
Views: 18409

Re: Undo the alleged MCP "fix" for Absorb spell reflection

Can this thread just be locked or something? The option to have either behaviour is available, which is agreeable to everyone, and there’s absolutely no merit in having sporadic flame wars about which implementation of an obscure interaction between two game mechanics is “correct” and ought to be th...